Built in 1929 by Albert and
Annette Bramson, this house was designed by Mrs. Bramson herself and executed
with the help of a carpenter in an "improvisational" style that
suggests both the Sullivan-Wright Prairie School of residential architecture
and the work of Greene and Greene, California architects of the early 1900s.
Its site and natural surroundings obviously inspired the design whose exterior
features regular courses of field stone and a random-design picket railing on
one of the decks echoed in the original fencing.
Following a fire in 1961, the
interior was extensively remodeled by Hart and Weiss and decorated by Algesa
O'Sickey in keeping with the flavor of the exterior.
Select a Tour Year:
About the Tour Year Index
Listings are accessed by the year(s) a building was featured in the Heritage Tour.
Within the year, listings are alphabetical by street name.